About me and my car!

So what's up everyone? Well let me tell you a little bit about me and this blog. My name is Miles Lankford. I am a drag racer. Now I'm no professional, but I love racing. I started this blog to talk about the nights I race, how things went, how I did, how the car did, etc.. So you probably want to know what kind of car I drive. Well it is a Richard Steven's dragster, powered by a 496 Big Block Chevy. I have one sponsor: Shell Rotella T. I bracket race, normally at Mobile Dragway. But I have been to other places. I have a competition drivers license good for Super Comp and ET. The fastest I have been so far is a 4.67 at 127 at a 600 ft. track. I would like to pursue racing as a career. I'm a junior at the University of South Alabama majoring in Special Education. Well that's a little about me and my car. If you have in questions, just leave a comment!

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Saturday May 1

So it was the first weekend out with the car. For a little info, we just got the motor back and I missed two points races at Mobile already. The night started off rough. The motor was still breaking in and didn't want to cooperate. But things got better as the night went on. I was cutting good lights all night long. My best was a .003 and my worst was a .021. Through most of the night I was dialing in at around 4.86. But then in the semi-finals the car picked up and ran a 4.81. Thank goodness the other guy red lighted. I ended up coming in 2nd. I cut a .005 light, but the car smoked the tires at the starting line. Though I don't think it really made a difference. The guy I ran against cut a .001 light and ran dead on with a 4. All in all a great night. I got 40 points and moved into a tie for tenth in the points. Not to bad for having missed the first two races. Well that's all for now more to come. Hopefully I'll have pictures next time and maybe some video!

No comments:

Post a Comment